Need HVAC Service in Chamblee?

If you are needing air conditioning, heat pump or furnace repair service in Chamblee and are not certain who to call, then look no more!  Cool Max is fully licensed with the Georgia Secretary of State, License #CR109811, and insured for your protection.  We are dedicated to taking extra special care of you and your family’s safety and comfort needs.  Cool Max Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned, and operated Christian HVAC company serving our neighbors in Chamblee.

Common Air Conditioner Problems

One of the most common air conditioner problems reported by our customers in Chamblee is that the air conditioner is frozen up.  If you see ice on your air conditioner, heat pump, or copper pipes, you should turn the unit off and allow the ice to thaw.  Call a certified service technician to come check your refrigerant levels.  If you system is low on refrigerant (FREON) and you continue to try to run the unit, you could cause major damage to your expensive compressor.  Refrigerant is not supposed to leak out of your system.  If it is low on refrigerant, then it means that there is a leak somewhere.  The leak should be examined to see if it can be repaired and if so, have it repaired.  If it can not be repaired, then it will be necessary to replace it.  Sometimes lack of proper air flow can also cause your air conditioner to freeze up.  So be sure to check your filter and make sure that it is not clogged.

Furnace Problems

Your furnace burns gas, which if not properly maintained can emit a poisonous gas called carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is often referred to as the “silent killer” since it can not be detected without proper instruments.  Symptoms of carbon monoxide poison are similar to flu-like symptoms.  Often people think that they have the flu, when actually they are suffering from low levels of carbon monoxide gas. Continued exposure to carbon monoxide gas can make you extremely sick and even kill you.  That’s why having your furnace inspected and turned up every year is very important for the safety of our neighbors in Chamblee.